In the late 1940's just a few years
after the RAF Lyneham station opened 18th May 1940, then as No 33 Maintenance Unit, these
married quarters were built.
The two brick buildings on the left were believed to be
the among the first
forces accommodation built for the families on the
airbase. The properties were numbered No45 AMQ before
the road was later named Harrow Grove.
The two semi-detached houses in the background were
located on Lancaster Square. These properties were
of the MoD surplus house sale scheme in which many
houses were purchased by Annington Homes, who later
on to the public for approximately £57,000 in
1997. This image was taken during the spring of 2006.