Do you experience visual symptoms like blurry vision, poor colour vision, or you feel like eyeglass prescription doesn’t help you anymore? Did you tried all kind of prescription, yet you feel that it’s not helping? Then you are probably suffering from Cataract. The bad news is that cataract is a serious disease that can lead to blindness. The good news is, cataract surgery is one of the most common and safe eye surgery that can be performed nowadays.
What is cataract Surgery?
Cataract syndrome is when your eye lens become clouded, and it make simple tasks such as reading, driving or even watching TV a struggle every day. So basically cataract surgery is taking off the original eye lens or crystalline and replace it with a new artificial one.
When Cataract Surgery is necessary?
As simple as this surgery sound, you might as well want to try cheaper solutions first.
- If you discover the symptom soon enough, it may not be too late for you to simply treat your eyes using eye drops , this is considered the most cheap option compared
to other treatment and also proven very effective at the early stages.
- Another option you can consider is buying eyeglasses, even if it’s not as effective as the surgery in the long term, but wearing the correct eyewear can help you temporary until you can afford the surgery.
- Make sure to be on correct lighting environment all the times, as it will give your eyes the best chance to work and be healthy. Try to avoid obscure and bright places so you won’t stress your eyes.
- Diet is actually a very good way to go, as strange as it may sound but make sure to increase your intake of Vitamin C and Vitamin E as well as other Antioxidant vitamins. This way you will keep your eye lens healthy or at least stop them from degrading.
If you are not satisfied with these solutions or you just want a permanent one, then you might want to consider surgery. Making some researches we found that cataract surgery Los Angeles prices vary from $4.600 to $40.200, that’s why choosing the right place to make the surgery matter a lot if you want to save some serious money.
To help you make a choice here is a list of the top cheapest cataract surgery available in L.A:
- “Temple Community Hospital” perform 500 to 2500 cataract surgery per year for $4.600.
- “Los Angeles Surgical Center” perform more than 2500 surgery each year for $5.200 each.
- “Eve Surgical Center” perform more than 3000 cataract surgery each year for $5.200 each.
Overall cataract surgery is really common nowadays, and it is considered one of the safest
eye surgery to be performed. But still, try to avoid as much as possible stressing your eyes,
by doing activities both in dim or extra light. Also try to consume food rich with vitamins C
and E. Not to forget to check your eye doctor very often as its better be safe than sorry.